Thursday, September 27, 2007

hi-speed internet

Today when I was talking to my son about the glitch he had to fix on my computer so that I could use my hi-speed internet I realized that somewhere my brain was missing a charge.

My daughter said she would help me on my laptop to learn how to use my blog site. So Fri. night I headed to her place to have my lesson. I couldn't get on her wireless so she took my computer, clicked on all kinds of things, I have no idea where she found them, and "voila" we were on the internet. When the lesson ended I packed my laptop and headed home.

On Tues. night my Hubby could not connect. A little frustrated he inquires as to what we had done to the computer and I being the genius that I am replied with "I don't know". After attempting to correct the problem my Hubby went to bed frustrated.

Feeling bad I called my daughter first thing the next morning. "Can you get me back to where I turn on our internet?" She tried to get me around to solve the problem and undo whatever it was the she had done, but the truth be known she didn't know what she had done. I think her confession was something like "I don't know, I just clicked on different things and all of a sudden it worked. It was a fluke."

My mind could only think of how to let my Hubby know that we would have to get our computer tech. to fix this little problem that probably was some stupid click that anyone with any computer knowledge would know. It was going to be embarrassing, and cost us money.

Then my daughter with her wisdom says "Mom call son #2 and have him fix it. That's what he does. It's his job. He can fix it where I'm not sure what I'm doing."

I call Son#2 and sure enough he would come at the end of his work day and fix it, and it would only take him 5-10 min. I think he said something like "It's okay Mom, I do this all the time. You'd be surprised how often I get called out for this." He did come and fix it, we had simply changed some connection thingy.

When I called to see if it was done, cause I wasn't home at the time that he was here, he told me no problem and as we talked I realized that the reason I hadn't thought to call him was because he works in the oilfield and in my mind that is what he fixed, "oilfield hi-speed internet". It never occurred to me that he could fix my house hi-speed internet.

That is when I realized that internet is internet. There is no special internet for the oilfield that's different than mine.

Now, pleeease.... don't write me off just yet. I am not that dumb about these things, inside I knew how it worked but since I've lost my marbles these kinds of moments are happening.

So, if you come across my marbles would you please send them home.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.