Saturday, December 29, 2007

A hunting we will go

It's been a while since I have had the opportunity to blog and as I was waking up today my mind was on all the Christmas shopping that is left to do.

I know that for most people in this world they finish their shopping well in advance and each year I have good intentions of being just like the norm, however in my world there always seems to be interruptions that stop the process. I thought that I would take the time to share some of my shopping experiences with you.

I usually like to have a shopping list but some years there seems to be no good ideas, so when I go to do the Christmas shopping it becomes a hunt. That is a very dangerous things for me because in the hunt I seem to find things that I need and often they seem like buys that I can't pass up.

A number of years ago, when my children were just getting to the age where they had their own money with which to shop it never cross my mind that they may shop for me. That was my first year of making the shopping blooper of buying something that was to good to pass by. My kids faces dropped when I got home and revealed the find of lifetime. A little while later they approached me and asked me if I would mind not buying anything more before Christmas. I felt terrible and have never made that blunder again until this year. I just bought myself pj's that are just the greatest. That was one of my list items so I am sure hoping that no one thought of, or saw the great buy that these were. If any of you have done so that's okay, I'd love to have pj's and could still use one more pair.

Lists are the most important part of Christmas shopping. Well this year has been hopeless. I have already given two kids their gifts because they were going to make the Christmas blooper and buy the item just before Christmas. So what's a person to do but give it early. It now makes me feel like I have not completed the shopping thing. I can't imagine what it will be like to open gifts without everyone having at least one big gift. So, my hunt goes on.

P.S.
Since I started this blog on Dec. 20th, we have opened gifts and guess what? You guessed it, I almost made two bloopers this year. My pj's were #1 and the almost #2 was my Tim Horton's coffee maker. I had this item on my list thinking that no one would give it to me and guess what, my kids did.

We didn't celebrate our Christmas til today, Dec. 29, because all the kids were away for the 25th. In that time while they were away we had company staying and everyday that they were here, which was every day til today, I planned to go out and buy my coffee maker. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the line in Timmy's is so long that the wait goes on forever. With so much happening each day I couldn't take the time to wait in line. (My company had to have coffee from my substandard coffee maker.) I had a good chuckle when I opened my gift and there was my coffee maker. All I could think of was that I almost made the Christmas blooper two times this year.

By the way, my Christmas turned out to be one of the best. Next year I am hoping to have my list so that my hunting will be just for those who I love and not for me. Hope your Christmas hunting was successful and that your Christmas was great.

I hope to catch up with you again in the next few days, if not "Happy New Year!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still get a good chuckle over that green skirt/top you bought. I told Wynne about it this year and we both chuckled pretty good. thanks for a wonderful christmas. It sure felt like christmas as soon as I walked in the door. I just wish it could have lasted a bit longer. Wynne also had an excellent time. She was very blessed by how much you and the other kids included her.

Shauna said...

Anonymous - I'm hardly a 'kid'. But I'm glad Wynne felt included. We really like her. ;-)

Also, mom, I was wondering what the strange look on your face was about when you opened up the pj's. Did you buy some from that store already? The same ones? LOL! Ah well, I don't think you can have too many pairs of comfy clothes.

airingon said...

anonymous,
I'm so glad that you had a good time. It really feels right when we get together. We always say that traditon is so binding to our freedom to be who we are but there are some traditions that make us feel good and Christmas is one of them. It was to short for us as well. You need to come visit more often. We loved having Wynne this year, she is welcome anytime.
Don't think I'll ever forget the green skirt/top incident. Aren't you amazed at how long the lesson lasted. It took to this year to make the blooper again. However, it was a conscious blooper.LOL

Shauna,
I thought I had covered that look up fairly well. I love the pj's and no they are not the same ones as I bought. I haven't bought any from that store yet. You're right, you can't get to many comfy clothes. The right pj's are loungers for when you watch movies. Comfy and Cozy!!! LOL