Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go! Go! Gadget #2

A while back I did a blog on gadgets and how I love them. Well this weekend while in the city I needed a new blender to go with my bosch kitchen centre. We found the store and boy was it a find! Here are the great finds that I got:

1) Paring knives that are no stick and dishwasher safe. To top it off they are even sharp. (I guess I'll see if they really keep their sharp edge after the dishwasher.) It also isn't supposed to stick to the food that it's cutting. Oh, by the way the grip is no slip.

2) A sconce pan. It is so cool. It is heavy and has the partitions for the sconce, cornbread, or biscuit. No cutting required, just put it in the pan and it comes out in the perfect wedge.

3) An onion keeper that looks like an onion. When you cut an onion and only need to use a portion of it, the rest goes in this keeper and is sealed so that you don't get a stinky fridge. When you next want to use that left over onion you look in the fridge and know exactly where it is. (They had tomatoes keepers and garlic keepers but I didn't get them. Thought it would be good to try this one out first to see if it really works.)

Well, that was my finds this weekend and I'm excited to try them. For me this is like Christmas. I know that for many of you it seems a little boring but I was so excited that I just had to share it with someone.

P.S.
By the way, I will be visiting that store again when I'm in the city. There was so much to look at that I definitely need more time to unearth more great finds.

Anyone out there had any great finds lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe, you and your treasures. I really do like that pearing knife. I've used it and it's in the dishwasher to see how it holds up.

DV

airingon said...

DV
glad you like it. I haven't tried mine yet cause the girls haven't picked theirs. I won't know what color is mine til they do and I wouldn't want to give them a used one, so I'm waiting.