Thursday, August 28, 2008

Speaking in Tongues?

As I'm sitting here catching up on the blogging world I'm struck again by the funny things my husband gets me into.

To night I asked him to listen to my comment that I had written on another blog and when I had finished reading it he said "good". Not an unusual answer but when I asked him my next question I got this strange sound in response. (I'd repeat it for you but it was so unusual I can't even remember it. (the pitfall of age).) As a matter of fact right now in the background there are all these mumblings going on. He is, yes, taking an on line Spanish lesson.

For months now he has been telling me that we need to take Spanish lessons and I've been waiting patiently for him to let me know when that is to take place. Well, I guess tonight is it for him. He hasn't told me yet that I need to start but I'm sure that it will be coming soon. It has hit my funny bone with how he is letting me know that the time is now.

This brings up memories of scuba diving, and down hill ski racing. Anyway, that is another topic and I must not get to far off track or I'll lose my thought that I'm working on.

Here it is, I think I going to learn Spanish.

Now, many of you may be thinking "what's so big a deal about that?"

MEMORY! That's the big deal.

I'm the person who has to make a mental note of where I park the car in relation to the store so that I can find the right aisle to find it again. I repeat in my mind as I look in that aisle "it is a green Jetta TDI" I am also the person that tells her friends and family to make sure that if they see me wandering the street to pick me up and take me home. (I can really relate to the old guy Arthur Abbott in The Holiday when Iris picks him up and takes him home.) This is why the thought of learning Spanish scares me.

So, here is my question for today "do you think it's cheating to ask God to give you the gift of tongues in Spanish?" Not trying to be disrespectful of God and the gift he gives but it would sure be helpful for me if he would just let me wake up one morning able to speak and understand Spanish. It would be so much easier.

Oh well,....just wondering?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're funny. I enjoyed your blog.

dv

Anonymous said...

See Hosay!!(Obviously I don't speak or write Spanish, ha ha!) I think it is totally fair.

BC in AB

Celine said...

Seems worth a shot. God does have a sense of humor, so even tough he may not give you that gift, he is laughing about it.

Shauna said...

LOL at what Celine said!

I think it would be awesome to have that happen. I read it in a book once and thought it was cool.

airingon said...

DV
So glad there is someone in this word who gets my humor. It's nice to be able to count on someone to laugh with.

BC in AB
Sounds to me like you are well on your way. Glad your on my side. Maybe you could put in a good word for me.

Celine
Thanks for seeing it that way. That's what I figure, it's worth a shot. I'm glad he has a sense of humor.

Shauna,
Hey! there's hope for me then. What book? The big book?