Friday, September 12, 2008

"Why Me Lord?"

You ever see the movie The Last Holiday with Queen Latifah?

Today I feel like Georgia Byrd when she asks over and over "why me Lord?".

I haven't felt well for about a week and I'm finally tired of trying to be positive about it. Today I feel like ranting and raving at God for the decisions he makes. So this post is not going to be the most positive posts that I've written but at least I'll get it off my chest and feel like maybe someone has heard me.

Here are the questions I'd like God to answer:

1. How do you decided who to bless and who not to?

2. How do you decided who to allow to be afflicted with illness and who not to?

3. How do you decided when someones life should be over and why then?

4. Why do you allow some to have optimal health? and how do you see that as fair and loving?

5. Why do you allow some to experience miracles and not others?

6. Why when we're desperate do you seem so far away?

7. Why can't you talk in an audible voice so I can hear and get it first time around?

8. If heaven is so great why make us long to hang on to the here?

9. Why don't you make it easier for us to see your plan?

10. As Georgia Byrd would say "Why me Lord? Why now?".

Although I am asking all these questions please know that there is nothing seriously wrong that I'm aware of, it's just that I'm tired of feeling lousy and I don't make the perfect christian with the up beat attitude in all things. When I don't feel well and I'm tired of it, these thoughts go through my mind. As I look at others and realize that there are so many that have it worse than me, I think to myself "why me and not them?". What makes me think that I should be exempt? I do for a moment feel grateful for where I'm at but then I get overwhelmed and forget. I start to complain and ask all these questions.

So there it is for today. I'll be on a much more positive note next time around.


P.S. Lord, why do you make gray hair on the top of our heads and yet our arms and legs get hairier with dark hair that stands out? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

No comments: