Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Let the Sun Shine Through

Why is it that you always put off doing the important things until you are forced to deal with them.

Today I'm washing windows on the outside of my house because winter is just around the corner, and I can't see out. I've had this panic feeling that if I don't get it done now it will be spring before I'll be able to see out or any light will be able to get in. As I'm out in the cold wind on a day that is maybe +2C I'm thinking why did I wait so long. It takes all the elbow grease I can muster to wipe off the window cleaner that I've spray on. I spray on blue water and as I rub it turns white and thick, struggling to decide if it should become ice. (How can that be? AHHH!) Anyway, it takes alot of elbow grease to get it all off and when I'm done I tell myself "next time I'll get it done at the right time and save myself a lot of grief". I've lived here for 5 summers and I haven't succeeded yet, think it will happen next time?

By the way, when I came inside and cleaned the inside windows I found myself looking at streaks as I gazed out; the up side is the sun can now get in between the lines. (If anyone knows the secret to no streaks please let me know.) Oh well, can't have everything so we will be content with little streaks until next spring when the wind will blow and once again the dirt will close in the windows and I will again find myself climbing the ladder to clean those darn windows.

Hope the sun is shining through for you. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave your blinds closed all winter and you will never have to see your little streaks. I also find the chore odeous and find any excuse not to wash my windows.
DM

airingon said...

Blinds closed don't work for me because I can't stand the dark. Well, maybe I could just watch movies all winter, then the dark wouldn't matter.LOL Think I might be on to something. Then again I could just take a winter long holiday to somewhere warm and then I could worry about getting those windows clean in the spring. Boy, the more I think about it the better this is sounding.LOL
Want to come with me DM?