Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Color my world

I'm amazed at how some people can pick color combinations that I would never think to pick, and the combinations look great.

I've always wanted to be one of those people that could just look at things and put them together and have the world go "WOW". In my world that is not how it is, but in my imagination that is how I would like it to be. The reason I would like it that way is then all the worry would be off when painting or decorating or getting dressed for what ever event we are going to that is way out of my comfort zone. I know this may seem vain but there it is.

It really shouldn't matter what other people think and for the most part I can live with it, but then there are those times that I would like to hear that three letter word "WOW".

Wouldn't you like to be like that?

Come on, of course you would. It really isn't about vanity but about self assurance and acceptance and anxiety relief.

Anyway, I am helping my daughter-in-law paint in their house and she is one of those people that can put color together that makes you go "Wow". (It really is a gift.) Even if they aren't your colors you still can appreciate the combinations.

Well, my one consolation is that my daughter-in-law is close enough to help me get it right when it comes to "coloring my world".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, it would be great to have that coloring talent. I don't, but I've decided, like you, to let others do that, since they are so good at it and enjoy it, too. I like where your talents lie, though, and I'm grateful that we get so excited about those things that we do well, that we put the majority of our efforts there. That is where God wants us to be -- so He can bless others through us. By the way, you look great and very color coordinated. San

airingon said...

San,
Thanks. That makes me feel better. Your right, we all shine in some area. It's important to be happy with the way God made us. Not always the easiest to do but definately the best.