Friday, November 9, 2007

Just loving it

Don't you just love it when someone tells you that you are the greatest.
Well, that is happening to me and it feels wonderful. I'm still looking after the boys, my grandsons, and although they keep me busy they are great for the self-esteem. There is nothing better then when they put their little arms around me and say "Grandma you are the greatest grandma ever." What's funny is that I don't have to even do much of anything, just make them feel good. Like make their sandwich, which they think at that moment is their favorite, or tuck them in at night and sing that little lullaby that their Mom sings to them. I get the words wrong but they tell me how great I did even though it wasn't quite the same as Mom's. I think one of my biggest smiles came when I got the movie to work in the van. (For me quite a feat seeings that I am electronically challenged.) Or the playstation turned on with the multiple remotes. (It's acually is a little embarrassing to have to ask my 5 year old grandson to show me how and he can do it.) Anyway, it is doing my heart good to feel so loved.

I know that this is one of those short lived things. They will grow and natually they will then marvel at how I will continue to manage in this world with the little I am able to do. They may even worry if I'll be able to get the TV turned on or figure the stereo out. ( Now I know that if my sons are reading this they are thinking "she can't do that now". And I know your right, but although I'm slow I still eventually get it. So enough out of you two. LOL) They will wonder how I manage without a blackberry or what ever they're called. And wonder why I don't get an updated cell phone, if they even exist by then. This is the cirle of life and although I'm not looking forward it, it will happen and all to soon.

But, for now, I just wanted to let you know that for the last couple of days and maybe still another few I am "the greatest grandma" for this little world and I'm loving it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet one. You know how to say it just the right way. Of course I have to wait till I'm a Grandma, but as a wife I feel very loved.
San

Anonymous said...

Hey Ma;

You're the best mom ever.......period. even if I have to help you figure out the remotes.

dv

airingon said...

San,
We all need to know that we're special to someone, I think especially our husbands, children, and grandchildren.
Just wait til you have those little grandchildren telling you your their favorite grandma ever. By the way I know they say that to their other grandma, and they mean it just as much then as when they say it to me. That is how it should be and I think that it's great.

dv,
I knew you'd have something to say about my remotes. It's so good to know that I can count on you to come through.
You know that the calls will get to be more frequent with years?
When those times come I'll save your comment and show you just so you won't forget that I'm the greatest.LOL
Love ya!

Shauna said...

Okay, I'm playing catch-up since we got back on Canadian soil. Sounds like you have greatest grandsons. ;-)