Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who's been sleeping in my bed?

One of the things that I love is when I climb into bed and my body can't absorb the goodness of the sheets and my pillow smells so good it makes me sigh!. I lay there and rub my legs across the sheets and almost giggle with how good they feel. This is the perfect state in which to experience a bed. Of course, all of this can only take place when there is enough room.

Like most couples my hubby and I sleep together, he is usually in bed before me, so in order for me to experience the euphoria of my bed I have to enjoy it after he heads off to work at the wee hours of the morning. When he heads off I often hug his pillow and enjoy the feel of the bed and the opportunity to sprawl out.

Well, as you know we are looking after the boys and with them missing their Mom they are often finding their way into our bed. (This is something that as a grandma I love.)

This morning I got to experience more love than I could handle when at 6:30a.m., just after my hubby closed the door on his way to work I hear the baby cry. I thought if I just take him to bed with me then maybe he won't wake the other two. The joke turned out to be on me and within 5 mins. I found myself with a bed full of bodies and there was not much sleep going on. In fact there was alot of laughter and jostling from the little bodies that thought it was funny to try and be in one bed together. At least I'm assuming that was what was going through their minds seeings that not much dialogue was going on. The youngest was giggling away and that got the other two going. Well it didn't take long for me to find myself up getting breakfast. As a matter of fact, being the great grandma that I am I decided to get them watching TV and being quiet so that I could enjoy my bed. ( Their Mom has told me on occasion that she does this.) I'm not sure where I went wrong but they had their tummies full and their glass of chocolate milk (I am a grandma), I just nicely got back to my bed, got almost to the sigh and I hear "Grandma, Kolton is in my chair and won't get out." I'm thinking "what part of quietly watch TV did I miss". After sorting that out I climb back in bed, rub my leg across the sheets and think ahhh! this is the life. Then I hear "Grandma I want to lay in here with you."

So, here I am blogging, at just after 8:00 a.m., about my need for the comfort of my bed. It's the next best thing.

By the way, every morning as the door closes from my hubby on his way to work I find my bed filling with little bodies that steel my heart. So, I guess that for the next 7 sleeps or so it will be an adventure to see who will be sleeping in my bed?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so cool. I was doing some work this week at a elementary school, and found myself looking at all the little kids and missing those boys and my nieces. they sure make my day when I get to see them and hang out with them (but I'm also glad for nap time).

Derek

airingon said...

Derek,
You've gotta see these kids. Your nieces were here last night. Senaye and Kolton were on the stairs and they were laughing the deep down belly laugh that makes you break out in laughter even though you have no idea what makes them laugh. Then later Benen is singing the ABC song and Senaye is dancing away to the music. When Senaye went to bed she gives Grandma a kiss and then walks to her Dad and says "Give me a kiss". She then goes bouncing down the hall to get into bed. Happy, Happy, Happy! You just gotta love these kids.

Shauna said...

LOL! You see what I deal with. I love the cuddling, but the elbows to the head are less than sweet. Still, doesn't it just make your heart gush.

Oh, the secret is you have to get the baby up last. You ignore him, unless he's screaming, until everyone else is up. If baby ain't sleeping, ain't nobody sleeping. LOL!