Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What not to wear

Today I have a banquet to go to and as happens to all of us women the question is "What do I wear?"

I have fanned through the closet and although it is full I can't find anything to wear. I did manage to find a black pair of dress pants and I think a jacket that might work but no top. So now I have to go out and buy something that will complete this outfit. Have you ever noticed that for most of us women we always end up having to buy something for a special event?

If you have ever watched the show "What Not To Wear" you will understand the dilemma that I'm in. There are times that I have watched and thought how do they come up with the outfits that are supposed to be so much better than what they were wearing. In all fairness to the show, most of the time they improve the persons wardrobe. I appreciate that they will tell people to cover up that which shouldn't be seen by the public, but there are times I think that the outfits don't make an improvement.

Anyway, all that to say that it has made me realize that I don't have much style sense. I tend to stay in the same old groove of "blend in" with the same classic cut lines and things that cover me up to the point where there is no shape. I stay with the neutral colors of black and white, brown and cream and once in a while I splash it up with a little color that I tame down with a jacket or sweater.

If you read my blog on "color my world" you can see that with this style of mine it is pretty hard to get the "WOW" factor into my life. So here I am this morning all stressed out with what to wear tonight and hoping desperately that when it is all said and done people in the room will not be thinking about signing me up for the show "What Not To Wear". I will probably blend into the room, but I will be comfortable and happy not to stand out.

So wish me luck on my hunt to find "what you should wear".

3 comments:

Shauna said...

My wardrobe is pretty much black, black and more black. I call it 'classic.' LOL!

Shar said...

You looked wonderful last night. I know for myself I start to stress out about what to wear a week before an event. Fortunatly I have a friend that is my size, loves to shop, and has a great fashion sense. I usually end up over at her place asking her to dress me so that I look acceptable. The fact that you can dress yourself definitley puts you ahead of me. I'm in aww.

airingon said...

Shauna,
That's right classic. LOL! It also helps to hide those areas that show just a little to much. I love that I can hide behind black, even though it make me seem a little dull.

Shar,
Thanks! Isn't it funny how much we stress for our vanity's sake. You are so blessed to have a friend that will help you get the look just right. By the way, you looked great yourself the other night. Loved your hair!