Wednesday, January 30, 2008

As the world turns

My time is short and as always the world is spinning out of control.

We are starting major house reno's. I've been dreaming about this for years. Now that it is beginning and I'm getting a glimpse of what this may entail I'm wondering if this time I may have bit off more than I can chew.

For anyone who knows me, I love renovating things. This time however, there are so many decisions that I sometimes feel like the world is spinning out of control.

Here are some of the decisions I'm in the process of making:

1. Kitchen appliances
2. Cabinets
3. Flooring
4. Front doors
5. Mantles
and the lists goes on.

On the other side of the coin, with this being a reno that we live in, I am trying to pack away furniture and all kinds of junk that we've been accumulating over the years.

Now, this is the topper. We're going on holidays while all of this is happening. Sounds like a good idea to be out of the mess but having not realized all the decisions that need to be made in order for progress to happen while we're gone it is making my world spin at an incredibly fast rate. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and thrilled that this is taking place. What is kind of funny though, is the difference between preception and reality in this kind of project. I'm sure that many of you are out there saying "I told you so," and I want you to know that you are right.

My one consolation is that I'm enjoying my spiney world.

I'm now going to label my life "As The World Turns"

New thought: I now can litterly be called "one spiny old lady" and you know what? You'd be absolutely right!

How about taking a few turns with me? We may as well get dizzy together!

No comments: