Thursday, January 10, 2008

"go! go! gadget"

I am a gadget person.

My kids are always saying "oh mom, you and your kitchen gadgets".

I really like picking up those things that look neat and are interesting and make life look alot easier.

I do have to admit that there are some gadgets in my kitchen that have had little to no use but in the big scheme of things they may come in handy.

Here are a few really cool things:

1) cookie dough scoop; like an ice cream scoop and you get the same size cookie every time

2) egg separator; nice little cup that you pour to separate the egg

3) meat hammer; not just any hammer but one that does it all even outside the kitchen

4) perogy maker; flat red square that dough lays over and makes 4 at a time

5) apple peeler; a hands off crank model

6) fancy pastry cutter, and roller

7) potato peelers; numerous styles

8) fancy veggie cutter; makes those nice squiggly lines

9) remote light controls; works well for turning on all the Xmas decorations with a flick

10) numerous floor cleaning devices; styles of brooms, washers, vacuums, dusters etc.

These are some of my gadgets that I can think of off the top of my head. You can also tell that most of the things I acquire are for the kitchen, hence the phrase "kitchen gadgets". As you can see they all seem practical and therefore make sense to own. They may have a little twist to them that make them a little different from the ordinary but that's what makes them interesting and fun to use.

If you have any gadgets that you think I may be interested in let me know. I'm always looking for the next "greatest idea" that's out there.

Soo.....to all those who are gadget people, "Go! Go! Gadget".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a gadget that Iobtained recently. It's a grater for small hard objects, I think. I think it will be grate (great) for grating nutmeg, which is only what I can think of for it. But, who buys whole nutmeg? except where you can't buy the ground stuff, which is where I hope to use it....someday. LOL
San

Shar said...

I'm not a big gadget person, but there is one thing that I think would be great to have. I want to find a nice, large, preferably marble, pestle and mortar. I don't know if that's technically a gadget seeing as there is no moving parts, but there you have it - the gadget I would like.

airingon said...

San,
That's what gadgets are about, things that you think will be helpful in your life. Like I said, there are a few that are in the waiting for just the right time. Glad I'm not alone.

Shar,
I think I've seen those pestle and mortar in marble. Don't know where you'd find them but I'm sure that I've seen them somewhere. I'd call that a gadget. For me they don't have to have moving parts just be something that is out of the ordinary.