Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Clean up and shape out

Here I am on Jan. 8 2008 and I am just getting things cleaned up from Xmas and New Years. How can that be you ask?

In my case that is not hard because to me cleaning up from this important time means cleaning up not just the decorations but all the junk food and chocolate as well. I have been well under control with the tree and decorations but this year the goodies and junk food are taking a little longer than usual. I'm not sure if it is because we have had more junk food this year or less company. Anyway, it is one of those chores that if I admit truthfully I kind of enjoy.

What seems to get in the way is the ever popular New Years resolution of losing weight from the Christmas season. Okay, I admit from the past year or maybe the last oh... 2 or 3 years. No matter how you look at it, it is the guilt of this chore because of the urgency of this resolution that gets me in a fluster.

How am I to look good for spring and summer clothing when I need months of weight loss to get to that much desired goal. (By the way, I never reach the goal, it is just to high and there just isn't enough time.)

And so my dilemma goes on. I eat chocolate, chips and dips, cookies and cake while watching exercise videos and reading weight lose books. I even try to figure out if I can afford to join the various weight lose clubs while I'm trying to finish this chore of cleaning up the Christmas food. After all, we all know that you cant' start any new program until your house is cleaned out of all the bad foods. (I can't seem to bring myself to throw that kind of food in the garbage.) So here I am well into Jan. and working my way at getting things done. (Oh, what we women must do to get things back to normal.)

I hope your house is all righted around from the festive season. If you find that you have the same problem with this chore of food clean up then let me know. After all, there is comfort in knowing that you aren't alone in these difficult times.

P.S.
For those of you who know me, you know that one of my first loves is chocolate. So there is a certain amount of bliss in all of this, it is just those darn mirrors.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

LOL! Guilty. I, too, have been trying to clear my house of the Christmas chocolate and candy. As for the mirrors, I'm not looking below my neck. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Crackers, chip and dip, even Maynard's licorice candy(?), more chips from New Years, macaroons, Oh and did I mention lots of crackers from "suprise spread" that is now all gone leaving lots of crackers. At least oranges shrivell and die but crackers stay in the box calling to you!! Also fudge, fudge and more fudge plus all the ingredients to make more fudge and more fudge. We can't let those ingredients go to waste can we? I've ordered a very expensive inversion machine to help me cover my guilt. Hey wait I don't feel guilty, just out of breath from carrying all these boxes of crackers around. Why am I carrying crackers around - oh ya I'm on a quest to find my marbles!! Ha ha. I think they are lost for good. Anyway, I sure understand this clearing out the last of the Christmas goodies. Have fun
DM

airingon said...

Shauna,
Thanks for the tip on the mirrors. Crazy me for looking so far down.LOL
What do I do when my neck starts to double?

DM,
Yes, yes, yes, I totally understand the need to use all the ingredients that are hanging around calling your name.LOL
And how I know that feeling of aimlessly wandering carrying that box of who knows what to who knows where? Oh yeah, my marbles. Did you find them? LOL